Fairﬁeld County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society, Inc.
The Fairﬁeld County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society, Inc. (FCCOGS) provides public access computers for use by Chapter members and visitors to the Fairﬁeld County Genealogical Library (FCGL). The computers, installed software, data ﬁles, other computer-related equipment, and the Chapterís wireless network are made available for genealogical research and related activities.
Please read the following policies and procedures.
1. Computer-related equipment and the wireless network at the Fairﬁeld County Genealogical Library are available to Chapter members and visitors to FCGL during library hours. Computers and the network may be ďdownĒ occasionally for routine maintenance.
2. There is no time limit on the use of computer equipment unless other Fairﬁeld County Chapter members or visitors are waiting. Then, a one-half hour limit may be imposed.
3. Adults who visit the Genealogical Library with children have the responsibility of supervising the children. An adult must be at the computer with a child using any computer in the library.
4. Computer equipment and the wireless network at FCGL may be used for genealogical, educational and informational use. Computers and the wireless network may not be used for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes. Any text or graphics which may reasonably be construed as obscene by local, state or federal standards may not be received or sent via Chapter computers or wireless network.
5. If a Chapter member or visitor is observed by an FCGL volunteer to be accessing inappropriate material as deﬁned above, the Chapter memberís or visitorís use of computer equipment and the wireless network at the library may be permanently refused.
6. Chapter members or visitors 1) attempting to access ﬁles, passwords, or data belonging to others; 2) seeking unauthorized access to any computerís system ﬁles; or 3) damaging or altering software components of any data ﬁle or network, will result in computer and wireless network privileges being revoked.
7. Chapter members and visitors may download information from the Internet to their own storage devices. Users may not download or save anything, from the Internet or their own storage devices, to the hard drive of any library computer.
8. Data ﬁles created by the Fairﬁeld County Chapter OGS may not be copied to usersí storage devices.
9. Printed copies are available at 20 cents per copy or 15 cents with purchase of a ď FCGL Copy Card.Ē
10. FCGL volunteers will assist computer users whenever possible. A volunteer may provide limited training on computer use or on accessing the Internet.
11. The Fairﬁeld County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society reserves the right to terminate any userís computer / Internet session when the session is deemed inappropriate.
12. Misuse of FCGL computer-related equipment or failure to follow FCCOGS procedures for accessing the Internet and / or the wireless network will result in permanent loss of computer privileges. Any instance of misuse will be reported to the Chapterís Executive Board. Additional action may be taken at the discretion of the Executive Board.
13. These procedures will be posted at the public access computer area and will be posted on the Chapterís website (www.fairﬁeldgenealogy.org).