St Michael's (Bickel)
German Reformed Church
Published in 1986 by the Fairfield County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society. This volume has 15 pages.
The first known German Reformed Church services in Liberty Township were held in 1817 in the Amspacher home, about 2 miles north of Basil, Ohio.
Services were then held in a log structure, west of the present church, which also served as a school. Rev. George Wise was the minister. He had organized the first German Reformed Church in Fairfield County, in Lancaster, Ohio in 1816.
St. Michaels' is located on Bickel Church Road, approximately 1/2 mile west of Basil Road. The church is still in use today as St. Michael's United Church of Christ.
Non-Member's Price $5.00
Member Only Price $4.50